[Swan] BAD_PROPOSAL_SYNTAX errors

Ted Toth txtoth at gmail.com
Tue Jan 27 19:54:11 EET 2015

The problem turned out to be that the connection selinux type was not
defined in the policy on the client so that the avc_has_perm failed.
I'd have expected to see the "within_range: Unable to retrieve sid for
sl context ..." message instead of the "within_range: The sl (<selinux
context>) is not within range of (<selinux context>)"  message. Maybe
I'm not looking at the right source (security_selinux.c). I installed
a policy module which defined the  type and the errors stopped.