[Swan] BAD_PROPOSAL_SYNTAX errors

Ted Toth txtoth at gmail.com
Tue Jan 27 02:22:53 EET 2015

As I've mentioned before we're using label ipsec with SELinux MLS
policy. On the clients I'm seeing:

within_range: The sl (<selinux context>) is not within range of
(<selinux context>)
security context verification failed (perhaps policy_label is not
configured for this connection)

which I think is related to the BAD_PROPOSAL_SYNTAX errors. I got the
source rpm for the openswan version we're using and started looking
for the code that generates these messages but I haven't found it yet
do you know where the within_range check occurs? The level is within
the range but the user/role/type are different.

Ted