[Swan] A question about openswan-2.6.41

Paul Wouters paul at nohats.ca
Wed Nov 19 09:21:09 EET 2014

On Wed, 19 Nov 2014, wang rensheng wrote:

>    I  am  a  openwrt  developer.  I  can't  compile the  openswan-2.6.41,   the  compile error is :

I left the openswan project at version 2.6.37 along with the vast
majority of developers to create libreswan, as a result of a lawsuit
over the ownership of the name. I know several bugs creeped into
openswan since the core developers left. You should try to switch
to libreswan. See also:

https://nohats.ca/wordpress/openswan/
https://nohats.ca/wordpress/blog/2014/02/16/development-of-libreswan-vs-openswan/

> build_dir/target-mipsel_74kc+dsp2_uClibc-0.9.33.2/linux-brcm47xx_mips74k/openswan-2.6.41/modobj26/ipsec_proc.c:952:2: error: unknown
> type name 'read_proc_t'

> when I  check the openswan code source , I  found you has change something about the proc file system support,
>
> written in the changes file :     * Remove /proc support pre-2.4 kernels (PROC_FS_2325/PROC_FS_21) [Paul Wouters]

Your best chance is to replace ipsec_kversion.h in the openswan source
tree with the copy from the libresawn tree. Those should address most
or maybe all issues related to compiling on different kernels.

https://github.com/libreswan/libreswan/blob/master/linux/include/libreswan/ipsec_kversion.h