[Swan] get rid of "V2 microcode entry (I3: INFORMATIONAL) has unspecified timeout_event"

Antony Antony antony at phenome.org
Thu Nov 6 19:45:59 EET 2014

Hi,
It is probably time to remove IKEv2 debug log line in function success_v2_state_transition, case EVENT_NULL, Any objections?

It produce debug log lines such as:
V2 microcode entry (I3: INFORMATIONAL) has unspecified timeout_event
V2 microcode entry (R2: process INFORMATIONAL) has unspecified timeout_event

When liveness/dpd is enabled on both sides I see a a lot of such log lines.

If I remember, this debug line was added while tidying up v2 events. We made a lot of progress since, cfb1fae5.
So this log line is less useful, and it is annoying.

And the proposed change and related ones are in a new branch ikev2-smc-timeout, waiting for review and testing.
Hugh, please take a look when time permits.

EVENT_NULL is ok for many smc entries, such as,
	- when responding to an IKEv2 informational exchange, such as dpd/liveness , or delete
	- "Initiator: process anti-spoofing cookie"

Did I miss some?

regards,
-antony