[Swan] Building on OSX 10.9 Mavericks

Paul Wouters paul at nohats.ca
Sat Oct 25 00:09:26 EEST 2014

On Fri, 24 Oct 2014, Noah Easterly wrote:

> Has anyone managed to build on OSX 10.9 Mavericks?

We used to build on OSX but I don't think we recently tried.

> I've tried building from source (after using brew to install nspr, nss, pkg-config, and unbound), but I've run into
> an issue because tcpd.h can't be found.
>
> In file included from /usr/local/src/libreswan-3.8/linux/net/ipsec/addrtoa.c:16:
> /usr/local/src/libreswan-3.8/linux/include/libreswan.h:117:10: fatal error: 'tcpd.h' file not found
> #include <tcpd.h>

That's from tcp_wrappers. Can you try just deleting the line?

I just did on linux and both userland and kernel module build fine. So I
think it is not actually needed. Looking back at the commit it came in
on, 7836dfce, it looks like it was added for the OSX case :)