[Swan] Problem with iPhone/iPad and XAUTH Group ID

Philippe Vouters philippe.vouters at laposte.net
Fri Mar 28 18:29:13 EET 2014

Marc-Christian,

If I refer to what I document in the URL you pointed us to, the
Libreswan configuration in Mutual PSK + XAuth + DHCP + PAM mode is:

        # Mutual PSK + XAuth + Fixed IP
         conn Philippe_XAUTH_PSK
              authby=secret
              *aggrmode=yes*
              leftxauthserver=yes
              rightxauthclient=yes
              rightid=@[GroupVPN]
              xauthby=pam
              also=FIXED_RIGHT_IP

         # Mutual PSK + XAuth + DHCP
         conn Philippe_XAUTH_PSK_DHCP
              authby=secret
              leftxauthserver=yes
              rightxauthclient=yes
              rightid=@[GroupVPN]
              *aggrmode=yes*
              also=DHCP_RIGHT_IP
              xauthby=pam

So I would say racoon on your iPhone is only  configured to negotiate
Hybrid PSK + XAuth with Exchange type "aggresive" instead of the
Libreswan expected Mutual PSK + XAuth with Exchange type "aggressive"

Philippe Vouters (Fontainebleau/France)
SIP: sip:Vouters at sip.linphone.org