[Swan] V3.5 and Kernel 3.9 modprobe ipsec failed

Paul Wouters paul at nohats.ca
Tue Sep 24 17:31:56 EEST 2013

On Tue, 24 Sep 2013, Muenz, Michael wrote:

> Am 11.09.2013 15:49, schrieb Paul Wouters:
>> Nope. I just hope upstream will take in the patch. I didn't hear from them
>> at all. Paul
>
> Just for the archive:
> Runs fine for over a week, 3.9.11 vanilla with Libreswan 3.5, 80 tunnels and
> 40-60 Mbit throughput.
> The reason for upgrading was this one:
> http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.linux.network/279262 and now it seems to be
> fixed.

Thanks for the feedback!

I'd love to see that compared to KLIPS+OCF. It seems to me the padlock
should be able to go much faster that 60 mbps, though going through two
ethernet cards might be the real bottleneck.

For reference, KLIPS+OCF on much weaker  Geode LX got 25Mbps throughput
(traffic going through the machine) and 35Mbps when IPsec traffic was
terminating on the server (wget -o /dev/null)

The OCF kernel benchmark (modprobe ocf-bench, changed to AES128 SHA1 as
that's the only one the Geode LX supports) was 43Mbps.