[Swan] Looks like loading preshared keys does in fact need NSS

Greg Scott GregScott at infrasupport.com
Fri Jun 28 18:21:54 EEST 2013

> PreShared Key does not mean "pre sharing RSA keys". I will make a note in the
> documentation because this is actually something I never considered misleading,
> but it sure is!

Or it could just be that I'm a dork sometimes!  :)

Anyway - no getting around it - if you have old Openswan RSA keys and you want to keep using RSA keys, you have generate new RSA keys inside a new NSS database now, right?  No way to create an empty NSS database and feed the old key into it?

I guess the good part is, it seems like a one-time transition.  Once you have those .db files, you can just copy them to the newer versions when upgrades come along.  This is manageable.

- Greg