[Swan] How to build libreswan 3.4 from source?

Paul Wouters paul at nohats.ca
Fri Jun 28 06:38:58 EEST 2013

On Fri, 28 Jun 2013, Greg Scott wrote:

> Oh wow, easy is good.  I think I can get used to this.  :)
>
> But, say I need an update 3-4 years from now.  This site will still be at Fedora 18 but there won't be any more nice yum updates.  I guess cross that bridge when we get there.

In theory, that's why one uses RHEL, not Fedora :)

But RHEL does not yet have libreswan. But we do build packages for it:

cd /etc/yum.repos.d
wget http://download.libreswan.org/binaries/rhel-libreswan.repo
yum install libreswan

You can expect us to build the latest libreswan for RHEL6 and RHEL7 for
the forseable future. But also, see my other post on how to compile
newer libreswan's as rpm using the SPEC files we ship in libreswan.