[Swan] How to build libreswan 3.4 from source?

Greg Scott GregScott at infrasupport.com
Fri Jun 28 04:03:43 EEST 2013

In the openswan days, building from source was pretty straightforward:

tar zxvf openswan-{version}.tar.gz
cd openswan-{version}
make programs install

But libreswan seems to have a dependency on an nss package.  Which makes sense I guess.  But there are a bunch of Fedora 18 RPMs that start with nss*.  Which one(s) should I go get?  Or is my life simpler just grabbing the latest 3.3 RPM - but what dependencies does the RPM have?

[root at NSSSS2013-fw src]# cd libreswan-3.4
[root at NSSSS2013-fw libreswan-3.4]# make programs install
Package nss was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `nss.pc'
No package 'nss' found
Package nss was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `nss.pc'
No package 'nss' found
Setting up for OBJDIR=OBJ.linux.i386
Package nss was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `nss.pc'
No package 'nss' found
Package nss was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `nss.pc'
No package 'nss' found
OBJDIR: OBJ.linux.i386.
.
.