[Swan] What to do with some rare KLIPS-only options, currently broken

Ken Bantoft ken at bantoft.org
Fri Jun 21 16:47:27 EEST 2013

Hi,

overridemtu= is something I have needed to use the past, especially in Satellite networking, where the actual MTU is below what you'd expect.  Otherwise I clamp on the physical interface, but since I'm using PPPoE it gets a bit messy.

hidetos= is also an option I think should be kept - as there are times when you want the TOS markings on the packets to be carried through (i.e.: VoIP, Video) where you care slightly less about security, and more about performance over the Internet.  Having it an option lets you pick your poison.  I'm not sure how this works in netkey work, but as I'm back to using klips in my product lines I haven't looked at it.

Ken