[Swan] [Swan-announce] Libreswan 3.4 released - In Memoriam Hugh Daniel

The Libreswan Project team at libreswan.org
Thu Jun 6 22:55:26 EEST 2013

The Libreswan Project has released libreswan-3.4. This release is
identical to libreswan-3.3, except the code has been styled according
to the Linux kernel Coding Style.

On June 3rd, Hugh Daniel died from a heart attack. Hugh (or ||ugh on irc)
was a strong presence in the IETF IPsec and DNSSEC communities and a
corner stone in the swan development, leading the original FreeS/WAN
project for five years. He then co-founded The Openswan Project and
Xelerance Corporation. Recently he worked on Libreswan as well, although
he couldn't do as much as he wanted due to his health.

He will be strongly missed by all of us. We will honour him in the only
way possible that he would ever agree with - by spreading crypto.

   -- the libreswan team

"When you are NAT on the net, you are NOT on the net"  -- Hugh Daniel

You can download libreswan via https at:

https://download.libreswan.org/libreswan-3.4.tar.gz
https://download.libreswan.org/libreswan-3.4.tar.gz.asc

or via ftp at:

ftp://download.libreswan.org/libreswan-3.4.tar.gz
ftp://download.libreswan.org/libreswan-3.4.tar.gz.asc

The full changelog is available at:
https://download.libreswan.org/CHANGES

Please report bugs either via one of the mailinglists or at our bug
tracker:

https://lists.libreswan.org/
https://bugs.libreswan.org/

Binary packages for Fedora, RHEL and Ubuntu can be found at
https://download.libreswan.org/binaries/

See also https://libreswan.org/

v3.4 (June 6, 2013)
* Change coding style to Linux kernel [Team]
* IN MEMORIAM: June 3rd, 2013 Hugh Daniel