[Swan] Before considering how Libreswan can be better coded

Philippe Vouters philippe.vouters at laposte.net
Fri May 24 20:25:38 EEST 2013

Dear Paul and Hugh,

Before anyone gives his point of view on how to better code Libreswan,
I'd like you to focus onto this Libreswan regression I describe at
http://vouters.dyndns.org/tima/Linux-Libreswan-Setting_up_an_Intranet_VPN_with_Windows_7.html
Libreswan is loosing credits in favor of Shrew VPN client.

For Paul, he may access http://vouters.dyndns.org/awstats/awstats.pl. I
just reallowed bofh.nohats.ca. He has to pay attention onto the
evolution of the interest among the wordlwide population over the months
of the Libreswan document above. The place he has to focus onto is
Pages-URL (Top 10) playing with the different months (on top of the
statistics URL).

For anyone interested with, this is something I cured but my fix seems
to be constantly removed causing Libreswan to be unstable and unreliable.

How Libreswan is coded is secondary. The minimum I expect from a
software is that it works the way it should and always did.

For someone willing to tackle with the problem, the hardware I involve
simply consists into a personal Linux desktop, a personal Windows 7
laptop and a home modem/router. You may have to correctly configure your
modem/router to pass L2TP traffic through. As advertised everything is
Intranet. No Internet involved.

Regards,

--
Philippe Vouters (Fontainebleau/France)