[Swan] initial thoughts on uncrustifying libreswan

Paul Wouters pwouters at redhat.com
Fri May 24 17:12:05 EEST 2013

On Fri, 24 May 2013, Lennart Sorensen wrote:

> Fair enough.  But would you do it if passing it as an argument to a function?
>
> ie:
>
> foo(1+1, 2);
>
> 	or
>
> foo((1+1), 2);

Yes, I would write the latter one.

>> Even when declaring a buch of new variables?
>
> What do new variables have to do with where braces go?

I never claimed my rules were logical :) In some sense when you add
variables, you are about to do something that stands on its on. I think
it is a left over from old days where you couldn't declare variables
midway, and had to start a new block. I do like using braces to denote
a block of work.

>> I'd prefer {}
>
> Certainly seems better than just ';'.
>
> I still question whether there is ever a good reason to hit the situation.

Agreed. It's always better imgo to write it out more clearly.