[Swan] initial thoughts on uncrustifying libreswan

Lennart Sorensen lsorense at csclub.uwaterloo.ca
Fri May 24 16:55:58 EEST 2013

On Thu, May 23, 2013 at 05:38:57PM -0400, Paul Wouters wrote:
> I am guilty of that. When I'm in doubt, I always add more. But I have no
> issues with people or uncrustifiers to remove them for me if they are
> redundant.

Well better to have correct code after all.

> I tend to use them if there is still "work to be done", eg:
>
> 	return (1+1)

Fair enough.  But would you do it if passing it as an argument to a function?

ie:

foo(1+1, 2);

	or

foo((1+1), 2);

?

> Even when declaring a buch of new variables?

What do new variables have to do with where braces go?

> I'm happy with that too. Iadon't  think it would be adding that many lines
> actually.

Hopefully not.

> I'd prefer {}

Certainly seems better than just ';'.

I still question whether there is ever a good reason to hit the situation.

--
Len Sorensen