[Swan] $releasever got rendered into "6Server" on RHEL6

T.J. Yang tjyang2001 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 17 00:04:53 EET 2013

Thanks Paul, the link on server side helped.

[root at mlab-rh6-01 yum.repos.d]# cat rhel-libreswan.repo
[libreswan]
name=Libreswan $releasever - $basearch
failovermethod=priority
baseurl=http://download.libreswan.org/binaries/rhel/$releasever/$basearch/
enabled=1
metadata_expire=1d
skip_if_unavailable=1
gpgcheck=1
gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-libreswan
[root at mlab-rh6-01 yum.repos.d]# yum search libreswan
Loaded plugins: product-id, refresh-packagekit, rhnplugin, security,
subscription-manager
This system is not registered to Red Hat Subscription Management. You can
use subscription-manager to register.
This system is receiving updates from RHN Classic or RHN Satellite.
epel/metalink
                             | 6.6 kB     00:00
epel
                              | 4.2 kB     00:00
epel/primary_db
                             | 5.0 MB     00:01
libreswan
                             | 2.6 kB     00:00
epel/pkgtags
                              |  327 B     00:00
==================================================== N/S Matched: libreswan
kmod-libreswan.x86_64 : libreswan kernel module(s)
libreswan-debuginfo.x86_64 : Debug information for package libreswan
libreswan.x86_64 : IPsec implementation with IKEv1 and IKEv2 keying
protocols

  Name and summary matches only, use "search all" for everything.

On Sat, Mar 16, 2013 at 2:17 PM, Paul Wouters <pwouters at redhat.com> wrote:

> On Sat, 16 Mar 2013, T.J. Yang wrote:
>
>  [root at mlab-rh6-01 yum.repos.d]# cat /etc/redhat-release
>> Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 6.4 (Santiago)
>> [root at mlab-rh6-01 yum.repos.d]#
>> [root at mlab-rh6-01 yum.repos.d]# yum search libreswan
>> Loaded plugins: product-id, refresh-packagekit, rhnplugin, security,
>> subscription-manager
>> This system is not registered to Red Hat Subscription Management. You can
>> use subscription-manager to register.
>> This system is receiving updates from RHN Classic or RHN Satellite.
>> http://download.libreswan.org/**binaries/rhel/6Server/x86_64/**
>> repodata/repomd.xml<http://download.libreswan.org/binaries/rhel/6Server/x86_64/repodata/repomd.xml>:
>> [Errno 14] PYCURL ERROR 22 - "The
>>

> I linked 6Server to 6. Let me know if that works properly now?

T.J. Yang