[Swan] No problem with syslog in a threaded context on Fedora 18

Paul Wouters pwouters at redhat.com
Thu Mar 7 17:54:06 EET 2013

On Thu, 7 Mar 2013, Philippe Vouters wrote:

> If I execute this code on my dual core processor running Fedora 18, I incur
> strictly no hang. Would this mean the syslog call is actually thread-safe ?

Thanks for testing this! Indeed according to "man pthreads" syslog is
thread safe, and it appears that this is just where we die due to bad
memory management earlier in execution, possible related to the string
building in libreswan_log() that causes us to call malloc() which when
trying to cleanup a bit finds the corrupted memory. (*** glibc detected
corrupted dluble linked list ***)