[Swan] Fwd: Re: Cannot start ipsec service using systemd

Paul Wouters paul at nohats.ca
Wed Jan 9 15:37:04 EET 2013

On Wed, 9 Jan 2013, Philippe Vouters wrote:

> Perhaps we can do something better with the ipsec.service to take into account both Elison's experience
> and my last reply to him. What about replacing /usr/bin/sh with /bin/sh for
> /lib/systemd/system/ipsec.service ? On HP-UX systems (a Unix system), sh is usually found in /bin. What
> about other Linux distributions ?

Fedora is the only distribution that, in my opinion WRONGLY, decided to
phase out /bin and merge it with /usr/bin. No other distribution has
done this. But whether we like it or not, on Fedora/RHEL the /bin
directory is going to disappear in the future. So /usr/bin/sh is the
right choice for Fedora 17+

> If I consider what others do on my Fedora computer, they tend to specify /bin/sh instead of /usr/bin/sh
> as per hereafter:

That is just because most packagers have not upgraded to the new reality
yet.