[Swan] Cannot start ipsec service using systemd

Paul Wouters paul at nohats.ca
Wed Jan 9 15:32:01 EET 2013

On Wed, 9 Jan 2013, Philippe Vouters wrote:

> lrwxrwxrwx.   1 root root      7 Jun  2  2012 bin -> usr/bin
> I now can't certify it. However I believe it has always been like that.

No, this happened very recently, see

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/UsrMove

But I would expect symlinks to be there?

lrwxrwxrwx. 1 root root 4 Dec 29 14:09 /bin/sh -> bash
lrwxrwxrwx. 1 root root 4 Dec 29 14:09 /usr/bin/sh -> bash

But I guess the symlinks did not use to cover /usr/bin/sh because that
had never existed before.

It was targetted for Fedora 17. So for Fedora 16, I can see there is no
/usr/bin/sh. For likely in the next Fedora or one after, they might
remove the old /bin/sh link. So we are caught in the middle. Since F16
is about to be EOL (it is not only because F18 got delayed so much), I'm
tempted to leave it like this, and specifically detect this scenario in
a backwards compatible way.

I'll add a @BINSH@ replacement variable that will map to /usr/bin/sh on
Fedora 17+ and /bin/sh to older fedoras.