[Swan] Cannot start ipsec service using systemd

Elison Niven elison.niven at cyberoam.com
Wed Jan 9 09:28:34 EET 2013

Hi,

Found the culprit. My systemd unit file had this line :
ExecStart=/usr/bin/sh -c 'eval `/usr/local/libexec/ipsec/pluto --config
/etc/ipsec.conf --nofork $PLUTO_OPTIONS`'

But in Fedora 16 :
# which sh
/bin/sh

Therefore it was only required to change it to :
ExecStart=/bin/sh -c 'eval `/usr/local/libexec/ipsec/pluto --config
/etc/ipsec.conf --nofork $PLUTO_OPTIONS`'

Thanks !

On Friday 04 January 2013 08:49:40 PM IST, Philippe Vouters wrote:
> Paul,
>
> Pluto should NOT be running as per Elison's ipsec verify output
>
> Philippe Vouters (Fontainebleau/France)
> SIP: sip:Vouters at sip.linphone.org
>
> Le 04/01/2013 16:16, Paul Wouters a écrit :
>> On Fri, 4 Jan 2013, Elison Niven wrote:
>>
>> Why is it that "stop" is failing? Was there perhaps an openswan pluto
>> running instead of a libreswan pluto, which confused "whack"?
>>
>> Can you "killall -9 pluto" and then run "systemctl start
>> ipsec.service" ?
>>
>> Paul

Best Regards,
Elison Niven