[Swan] Yum repositories available for RHEL and Fedora

Philippe Vouters philippe.vouters at laposte.net
Thu Jan 3 17:57:09 EET 2013

This is tested. Except the yum install libreswan from the repo,
everything works correctly as documented hereafter on my Fedora 17 computer:

         $ sudo su
         $ cd /etc/pki/*rpm-gpg/*
         $ wget *--no-check-certificate* \
https://download.libreswan.org/binaries/RPM-GPG-KEY-libreswan
         $ cd /etc/yum.repos.d
         $ wget *--no-check-certificate* \
https://download.libreswan.org/binaries/fedora-libreswan.repo
         $ yum install libreswan

The yum install from the repo does not work. I checked the URL with my
Firefox browser. It is correct. Wouldn't be, with curl, the same problem
as with the wget command above requiring *--no-check-certificate* ???
Can you add a certificate to your Apache for https:// operations or move
Apache to http:// ?

[root at victor yum.repos.d]# yum install libreswan
Loaded plugins: aliases, auto-update-debuginfo, changelog, downloadonly,
               : fastestmirror, filter-data, keys, list-data,
merge-conf, presto,
               : priorities, protectbase, refresh-packagekit,
refresh-updatesd,
               : security, tmprepo, tsflags, verify, versionlock
adobe-linux-i386                                         |  951 B     00:00
google-chrome                                            |  951 B     00:00
https://download.libreswan.org/binaries/fedora/17/i386/repodata/repomd.xml:
[Errno 14] curl#77 - "<Unknown>"
Trying other mirror.
rpmfusion-free-updates                                   | 3.3 kB     00:00
rpmfusion-nonfree-updates                                | 3.3 kB     00:00
updates                                                  | 4.7 kB     00:00
updates/primary_db                                       | 5.9 MB     00:06
  * rpmfusion-free: fr2.rpmfind.net
  * rpmfusion-free-updates: fr2.rpmfind.net
  * rpmfusion-nonfree: fr2.rpmfind.net
  * rpmfusion-nonfree-updates: fr2.rpmfind.net
Skipping filters plugin, no data
0 packages excluded due to repository protections
No package libreswan available.
Error: Nothing to do
[root at victor yum.repos.d]#

Philippe Vouters (Fontainebleau/France)