[Swan-dev] On re-applying "pluto: warn if loaded connection ended up unoriented" et.al.

Paul Wouters paul at nohats.ca
Tue Jan 23 02:40:08 EET 2024

On Mon, 22 Jan 2024, Andrew Cagney wrote:

> commit b575e15e80bcf0924bc96e3e7420092becedc42a
> Author: Andrew Cagney <cagney at gnu.org>
> Date:   Mon Jan 22 13:32:01 2024 -0500
>
>    Reapply "pluto: warn if loaded connection ended up unoriented" et.al.
>
>    Log failed orient() during connection load using RC_LOG and not
>    RC_LOG_SERIOUS.

So technically, this is wrong. There is a very likely a "serious" issue
for the user to be told. RC_LOG isn't in the category of "the user must
be told". It's informational. So I would like this to be changed back
in the future once the related bugs have been addressed.

Also, please use separate commits for code and test cases in the future.

Thanks for digging into this issue.