[Swan-dev] What does "missing v2CP reply" mean?

Brady Johnson bradyjoh at redhat.com
Tue Feb 27 12:09:55 EET 2024

We tried several changes to the client nmstate configuration. Setting
"ipv4: dhcp: false" caused a configuration error in nmstate. We have
created a bug for that and the nmstate team is working on it.

Then, we tried with the same client nmstate configuration, but added
"leftmodecfgclient: false" and this allowed us to establish the tunnel.

So, apparently, the "ipv4: dhcp: true" nmstate configuration causes the
client to request IP addresses and DNS. And setting "leftmodecfgclient:
false" overrides that in the nmstate configuration.

Thanks,

*Brady Johnson*
Principal Software Engineer
Telco Verification Ecosystems Engineering
brady.johnson at redhat.com