[Swan-dev] What does "missing v2CP reply" mean?

Paul Wouters paul at nohats.ca
Fri Feb 16 17:07:15 EET 2024

On Fri, 16 Feb 2024, Brady Johnson via Swan-dev wrote:

> Subject: Re: [Swan-dev] What does "missing v2CP reply" mean?
>
> Would it be more helpful to enable debug logging? Or is there some other test that could be done
> to figure this out?

It seems your peer has not been configured to hand out IP addresses and
DNS, and you have asked for it. This assumes you specified something
like:

 	narrowing=yes
 	leftmodecfgclient=yes
 	leftsubnet=0.0.0.0/0
 	rightsubnet=0.0.0.0/0

So this is a configuration mismatch, not a code bug for which we need
more debugging. You just need to figure out what the peer wants and
if that's what you want and how to update your configuration.