[Swan-dev] [Swan-commit] Changes to ref refs/heads/main

Andrew Cagney andrew.cagney at gmail.com
Sun Apr 21 05:56:08 EEST 2024

On Sat, 20 Apr 2024 at 19:40, Paul Wouters via Swan-dev
<swan-dev at lists.libreswan.org> wrote:

> On Sat, 20 Apr 2024, Andrew Cagney via Swan-commit wrote:
>
> >    libipsecconf: rename internal enum AUTOSTART_ONDEMAND -> AUTOSTART_ROUTE
>
> This is wrong. The libipsecconf names match the _keywords_ used by auto=
> and auto=route has been long obsoleted for auto=ondemand.

And auto=ondemand makes no sense when the connection is never-negotiate.

I'll define AUTOSTART_ROUTE, AUTOSTART_ONDEMAND, AUTOSTART_START,
AUTOSTART_ADD so that pluto can see exactly what the config file
contained.

> >    consistent with other code
>
> Internal code does not matter much. It is the mapping user option to
> variable name that should be consistent in code.

It does matter.  The closer the alignment between the UI and the
internals the easier it is to describe and understand a behaviour.
And here all the internals consistently use route/unroute.  For
instance, routing an RT_UNROUTED connection transitions it to either
RT_ROUTED_ONDEMAND or RT_ROUTED_NEVER_NEGOTIATE.