[Swan-dev] adding a test domain

Andrew Cagney andrew.cagney at gmail.com
Mon Apr 10 20:22:13 EEST 2023

On Mon, 10 Apr 2023 at 10:58, Paul Wouters <paul at nohats.ca> wrote:

> On Mon, 10 Apr 2023, Andrew Cagney wrote:
>
> > I'm not sure what to do about floating domains, although road seems
> > strangely hardwired :-)
>
> It is from a dhcp point of view, but from a configuration point of view,
> road is never supposed to have hardcoded IPs, only "%defaultroute".

I was thinking more of the address that road uses.
In https://libreswan.org/wiki/Test_Suite#Original_Network_Diagram and
Antony's diagram, FLOAT can hit east via either DUO or NAT.   With my
suggestion, the road could go via NIC or NOC.
However, it really isn't the same as ROAD being a true road warrior
and its only interface changes address.