[Swan-dev] Ipcomp and get_sa_info()

Paul Wouters paul at nohats.ca
Sat Mar 26 00:18:20 EET 2022

On Mar 25, 2022, at 23:08, D. Hugh Redelmeier <hugh at mimosa.com> wrote:

> |BTW, which code do you suspect?

Based on commit message, removal of get_sa_info() for ipcomp

> I think that all the code that I changed was about logging or
> reporting in some way.  It had no effect on actual flows.

Possible it was broken already but even more now ?

> Isn't what you describe is kernel behaviour, not Pluto behaviour?

Yes but it means to set traffic count for an SA with an IPCOMP SA, we might need two get_sa_info() calls.

> There were no flow counts reported for ipcomp.  You may want them but
> they weren't there.

Yes that is what I suspect.

> The code in get_sa_info only dealt with one SA.  ESP if present, and
> if not, AH, and if not, it went home.  IPCOMP was not considered.

It should have extended the ipcomp instead of removing it ?

> AH+ESP isn't handled

It is no longer supported or negotiated by us since prob 10-15 years.

> My *guess* is that IPCOMP could be present along with ESP or AH, but
> the get_sa_info code doesn't care.

Yes I think that is the bug but now you removed code that should have been extended instead ? :)

Anyway, not a bug deal. We should file a bug so we won’t forget

Paul
Typing on iphone