[Swan-dev] WIP: supporting xfrm SA expire

Antony Antony antony at phenome.org
Mon Jul 4 20:16:13 EEST 2022

I worked a bit more on sa-expire branch and rebaseed it to the latest main.
The github PR is updated.

Last two commits on the lateset PR are for pluto to use re-factored function
to calculate IKEv1 and IKEv2 margins.

Added more robust fping when a kernel SA hard expire SA and reconnect
triggered by next ping there will be some packet loss. The ping packet loss
and trafficstatus could be unpredictable due to timing and hard expire and
re-establishing.

I hope the new fping wrapper and "ipsec trafficstatus" wrapper sanitizer the
noise and make the test output more stable.

Are there any other feedback? I have will start a testrun and there are no
other issues I plan to merge sa-expire branch to the main in next 12 hours
or so.

Thanks Paul for the review.

-antony