[Swan-dev] testing and unstable dns

Andrew Cagney andrew.cagney at gmail.com
Tue Apr 20 23:49:58 UTC 2021

On Tue, 20 Apr 2021 at 16:08, Paul Wouters <paul at nohats.ca> wrote:

> On Tue, 20 Apr 2021, Andrew Cagney wrote:
>
> > If anything there's less chance of this as all tests see the domain
> exactly as it was when first created.
>
> So what happens if on east I make a change in /source and "make install" ?

Currently, if things are configured with:
  KVM_PREFIXES = '' 2.
(i.e., there's east and 2.east) then I suspect changes made to east are not
propagated to 2.east.

Let's work with the assumption that snapshots are skipped when there's only
one test and/or one set of domains.

> I do that a _lot_ when coding, and I surely do not want to have to
> rebuild all the KVMs for every libreswan code change I'm testing.

One of the changes that needs investigating is to have only one east, and
then have kvmrunner spin up snapshots if/when needed.