[Swan-dev] Query regarding libreswan project titled "Implement SD-WAN outsourced key exchange"

Paul Wouters paul at nohats.ca
Mon Apr 12 02:37:21 UTC 2021

On Sun, 11 Apr 2021, Neha Joshi wrote:

> Please find the below link of the RFC
>
> https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-i2nsf-sdn-ipsec-flow-protection

Ahh I see. This is when libreswan is used on the SDWAN Security Gateway (SG)

>       > I have gone through the detailed RFC given in this content (Implement SD-WAN "outsourced" key
>       exchange) and really interested to implement this project.

So the question is what you want to implement. Because I guess you are
talking about an SDWAN style deployment that somehow configures
libreswan? Do you have an SDWAN deployment model/example in mind? I'm
not very familiar with those.

That is, I don't think there are any libreswan changes required?
Although there might be some libreswan changes desired, like
implementing a varlink(.org) API for speed if this is used to
configure thousands of nodes.