[Swan-dev] drop ipsec-auto-up.n.sed

Paul Wouters paul at nohats.ca
Tue Sep 29 01:53:30 UTC 2020

On Mon, 28 Sep 2020, Andrew Cagney wrote:

> I'm planning on removing the sanitizer ipsec-auto-up.n.sed.

I understand why, but I also understand's Antony's point.

To make it harder, once I rewrite the tests to also be documentation,
we have an additionally issue of adding weird things to the configs
people might copy. Like slow retransmit timeouts or impairs.

I'm also a bit nervous if 90% of our tests use --impair
delete-on-retransmit At one point are we still testing "regular operation"
code with our tests.

Antony's filter in ipsec-auto-up.n.sed does address most of these
issues. But other issues still remain, such as retransmits causing
different traffic counters in the output and causing false positives.

So, I guess I have no good answers or strong opinions here. Just
concerns :)