[Swan-dev] testing: swan-prep break on conflicting config files

Paul Wouters paul at nohats.ca
Mon Sep 21 17:03:17 UTC 2020

On Mon, 21 Sep 2020, Andrew Cagney wrote:

> Subject: [Swan-dev] testing: swan-prep break on conflicting config files
>
> FYI, I removed the code because it seemed arbitrary.  It would reject some, but not all combinations of:
>     west.ipsec.secrets
>     westipsec.secrets
>     west.secrets
>     ipsec.secrets
> I figured reducing this list to just:
>    west.ipsec.secrets
>    ipsec.secrets
> (and perhaps only allowing one) + logging the result was for a later pass.
>
> On Mon, 21 Sep 2020 at 11:34, Antony Antony <antony at vault.libreswan.fi> wrote:
>       New commits:
>       commit eff59a46350f2e638f1ef5051ab6f7a29033e5cf
>       Author: Antony Antony <antony at phenome.org>
>       Date:   Mon Sep 21 15:24:13 2020 +0000
>
>           testing: swan-prep break on conflicting config files
>
>           fix 1e0b14ec0b20c3 this is a nice improvement, however, allowing
>           conflicting files and picking the first one is less than ideal.

I am not sure what the history here is, but note that I still have the
plan of removing all include files and baseconfig files so that each
test case has a stand alone working proper configuration that also acts
as documentation.

In those setups, we would only have hostname.conf / hostname.secrets and
not ipsec.conf or ipsec.secrets re-used for both ends, because that would
again confuse the user with respect to re-using these example
configurations adding things they don't need and being confused by also=