[Swan-dev] shunt lifetime

Andrew Cagney andrew.cagney at gmail.com
Thu Nov 5 02:12:27 UTC 2020

We're close to zero leaks.  The next ones are:
  orphan shunt
  bare shunt
I'm still trying to understand their lifetime.  For instance, what
triggers them being created, replaced, or deleted.

Here's my starting point:
- something (connection?) causes an acquire to be inserted in the
kernel (so traffic will trigger an event)
- the acquire event triggers, it's matched with a connection(?), and a
(bare) shunt is inserted to stop further traffic
- the sa attempts to establish
- if it fails an orphan shunt is inserted?
- eventually, a timer expires the shunt?

this makes me suspect that deleting a connection should delete any
associated shunts?