[Swan-dev] Integrating Libreswan for IKEv2 and IPsec

Balaji Thoguluva tbbalaji at gmail.com
Mon May 11 16:39:44 UTC 2020

Hi All,

I am a newbie to Libreswan. I am working on a Linux based application
project where we need IKEv2 and IPsec stack to support sending traffic over
IKEv2/IPsec established tunnel.

Do you have some guidelines or detailed steps on how to
1. Initialize and integrate the Libreswan stack with the application
(user-space of Linux)
2. any documents on Libreswan API's and how to trigger IKEv2 negotiation
from the application via Libreswan, how to install SA's and SPD's via
Libreswan to Linux etc.

I appreciate your valuable input and help.

Advanced thanks,
Balaji