[Swan-dev] ikev2-child-rekey-09-windows test confusion

Antony Antony antony at phenome.org
Thu May 7 06:20:54 UTC 2020

On Mon, May 04, 2020 at 09:09:25PM -0400, Paul Wouters wrote:
> On Mon, 4 May 2020, Andrew Cagney wrote:
>
> > I found this and other tests weren't working as expected:
>
> Yes, because the patch was not in and the test case assuming a patch was
> :)
>
> >         # output should be empty
> >       road #
> >         grep "Notify Message Type: v2N_TS_UNACCEPTABLE" /tmp/pluto.log
> >       road #
> >

> >       Then why is this not getting hit ?
> >
> > "road-east-x509-ipv4"[1] 192.1.2.23 #3: dropping unexpected ISAKMP_v2_CREATE_CHILD_SA message containing
> > v2N_TS_UNACCEPTABLE notification; message payloads: SK; encrypted payloads: N; missing payloads:
> > SA,Ni,TSi,TSr

that line should not be found by the grep. Grep is looking for another one.

> Ok, I guess it is hit, but _that_ output was not put in the good console
> output :)

Take look at testing, without fixes the grep found match as expected.

https://testing.libreswan.org/v3.30-659-g89de6b42a9-master/ikev2-child-rekey-09-windows/OUTPUT/east.console.txt

https://testing.libreswan.org/v3.30-659-g89de6b42a9-master/ikev2-child-rekey-09-windows/OUTPUT/road.console.txt

I was not sure to commit console output with or without the fix, while we
are undeided about the patch.