[Swan-dev] IKEv2 revival

Andrew Cagney andrew.cagney at gmail.com
Sat May 2 15:38:05 UTC 2020

Tuomo and I spent a bit of Friday debugging a regression where the
liveness probe was stomping on a DISCARD event (forcing it to REPLACE)
set according to the connection.  The actual code was old; it had
unexpected consequences when combined with IKE queuing requests.

Anyway, I think this points to the next change.  When retransmits
fail, force what ever event is in .st_event (and I'm tempted to rename
.st_event to .st_kill_event or .st_death_event).

Presumably earlier code has set .st_event according to policy and
retransmits should just follow that policy.  If that isn't always the
case then that is where the next bug is (I'll need to check
retransmits).