[Swan-dev] GSoC 2020 - Introduction

Paul Wouters paul at nohats.ca
Fri Mar 6 21:08:27 UTC 2020

On Sat, 29 Feb 2020, nupur agarwal wrote:

> I am Nupur Agrawal, currently an undergraduate at IIT Roorkee. I am interested in participating in GSoC 2020 with Libreswan this year. I am interested in BSD Networking
> hence different ideas listed on the website like "Re-port the libreswan code for NetBSD, FreeBSD, OpenBSD, OSX" intrigue me.
>
> Currently I am trying to build Libreswan from source, but encountered these error -
>
> ```
> /home/nupur/Desktop/libreswan/programs/pluto/kernel_xfrm_interface.c: In function ‘link_add_nl_msg’:
> /home/nupur/Desktop/libreswan/programs/pluto/kernel_xfrm_interface.c:184:30: error: ‘IFLA_XFRM_IF_ID’ undeclared (first use in this function); did you mean
> ‘IPSEC1_XFRM_IF_ID’?
>   nl_addattr32(&req->n, 1024, IFLA_XFRM_IF_ID, if_id);

Your kernel/glibc is a little older. You can enable
USE_XFRM_INTERFACE_IFLA_HEADER=true for this so libreswan uses a local
copy of it.

> Any pointers on how to debug it? Also are there any good first issues I could work upon to get introduced to the source.

Maybe look at bugs.libreswan.org or github.com/libreswan/ for some
issues/bugs that might look managable? Otherwise look through the
source for XXX or TODO but those vary from simple to very hard :)