[Swan-dev] log_pbs_out()

Andrew Cagney andrew.cagney at gmail.com
Mon Jul 13 15:36:39 UTC 2020

I've added the pointer .out_logger and the function log_pbs_out() to
packet.[hc].  This way I don't need to keep adding loggers to the
output pbs code.  Here are the notes and issues:

- it assumes the logger lives longer than the pbs output structure vis:
     outs = open_pbs_out (..., st->st_logger)
     do stuff that does not free st_logger
     close pbs

- it is only for output - for input, logging starts out using FROM/MD
but then switches to ST

For IKEv1 I kicked a sizable can down the road:  because it uses the
global reply_stream, it is leaving .out_logger NULL forcing
log_pbs_out() to use the global cur_* logger, getting rid of
reply_stream seems non-trivial (see compte_v1_state_transtion()).