[Swan-dev] better name for {left,right}ifaceip?

Andrew Cagney andrew.cagney at gmail.com
Thu Jan 30 15:35:48 UTC 2020

On Wed, 29 Jan 2020 at 04:06, Paul Wouters <paul at nohats.ca> wrote:

> On Wed, 29 Jan 2020, Antony Antony wrote:
>
> > Antony foresee new type ttipcider(), as there are objections to reuse
> > subnet(). We will see when we add the code. If the subnet is left alone
> > without port and protocol it can used for ttipcider().
> >
> > Additionally:
> > suggests to  leave subnet as without ports and protocol, and create
> > traffic_selectior() for parsing keyword subnet from our config.

Just to be clear, any thing using ip_subnet and ttosubnet() will
accept ports.  For instance:
  subnet=1.2.3.4/32:10
(a quick test suggests it is silently ignored).

It isn't a question of reusing ip_subnet to implement traffic
selectors.   Rather its the reverse, we've already got a traffic
selector type and it's being used everywhere; it's just that it is
unfortunately called ip_subnet.