[Swan-dev] regarding: testing: adding missing : ==== end ==== to nicinit

Antony Antony antony at phenome.org
Tue Jan 28 21:42:40 UTC 2020

On Tue, Jan 28, 2020 at 08:31:03PM +0100, Paul Wouters wrote:

> > On Jan 28, 2020, at 18:45, Andrew Cagney <andrew.cagney at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> On Tue, 28 Jan 2020 at 11:10, Antony Antony <antony at phenome.org> wrote:
> >>
> >> I am curious what your thoughts now?
> >> Is it a good idea to add " : ==== end ====" to nicinit.sh when final.sh is
> >> not necessary. Or just Antony's preference? The test author can decide?
> >
> > As an instrument I find it blunt.  It removes everything so useful
> > stuff run during the post-mortem, such as checking for a core file, is
> > lost.
>
> I see people using cut and paste and suddenly seeing multiple markers and missing markers. So I prefer to not use it if we can avoid them.

for now I prefer marker over  "netkey-vti-04/final.sh:hostname | grep nic >
/dev/null || ipsec whack --trafficstatus"

The other alternative 00-host.sh scripts seems overload for most tests.
I guesss we will have a mix three methods for a while.

I haven't noticed  any sideffects when running tests in namespace " : ====
end ====" in nicinit.sh. Could you try certoe-04-poc-packet did I break it
for namesapce running?