[Swan-dev] gcc 10 is coming: how compile libreswan on fedora rawhide

Antony Antony antony at phenome.org
Sat Jan 25 20:45:40 UTC 2020

gcc 10 is already in Fedora rawhide, likely to be part of Fedora 32.
compiling libreswan using gcc 10 shows more warnings.
Here is a build log on rawhide with gcc 10.
https://travis-ci.org/antonyantony/libreswan/builds/641769798

libreswan travis only compile Fedora 30.
for more distributions including Fedora rawhide look at
https://travis-ci.org/antonyantony/libreswan/branches

On IRC cagney wrote
antony1, yea, biggest problem is that gcc-10 doesn't actually exist
https://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2020-01/msg00199.html - they haven't even cut a
branch https://gcc.gnu.org/develop.html

An easy way to compile libreswan on Fedora rawhide is use podman test
(travis test) in libreswan. It is meant to create a podman image compile and
destroy the image.

In the past my experience of installing rawhide kvm image was not great.
May be if you have an f31 you can upgrade to rawhide. While podman/docker
seems easier and I think quick to build.

Here is a quick howto based on what I use. I will try to add host rpm
requirements soon. https://libreswan.org/wiki/Podman-fedora-rawhide-build

-antony