[Swan-dev] expirimental : ipsec device/interface aka XFRMi

Antony Antony antony at phenome.org
Wed Jan 22 07:00:37 UTC 2020

xfrmi branch got a bit more testing on OpenWRT without NAT cases and rebased
to current master.
thanks to Paul and @lucize on github for testing.

testing was focused on road warrior setup and OpenWRT peer-to-peer setup.
@lucize brought up one issue.
https://github.com/libreswan/libreswan/issues/278#issuecomment-568001203
It is bit complex issue related routed vpn and 0/0 - 0/0 tunnels
and adding routes dynamically.
At this moment I think it is possibly a kernel-xfrm issue than a Libreswan
only issue. However note this is something that works on VTI and not on
xfrmi.

this morning in a testrun I noticed a bunch of coredump from addcon
https://swantest.libreswan.fi/s2/v3.28-1487-g3d33747478-testrun-xfrmi/
I will investigate addcon crash today.

There is on unexpected Netlink error I put in hack. I need to look at it
further, possibly after merge to master.

current configuration option is
 ipsec-interface=no|yes|<n> where n = 1..UINT32_MAX

Note 0x is necessary.

IPv6 and xfrmi may not work in all cases. ipv6 up-down script need more
work.

My plan resolve addconn issue is, a new testrun. If there are no major
issues I will merge.

regards,
-antony