[Swan-dev] sanitize retransmission; will wait line

Andrew Cagney andrew.cagney at gmail.com
Mon Feb 24 14:41:33 UTC 2020

On Mon, 24 Feb 2020 at 08:46, Paul Wouters <paul at nohats.ca> wrote:

> On Mon, 24 Feb 2020, Antony Antony wrote:
>
> > I have an idea to sanitize the transient lines such as
> > "retransmission; will wait" during testrun.
> >

> > Some test where we need to the retransmission add a special marker e.g
> > "ipsec auto --up <conn> #retransmits" I suggest "#retransmits" as a
> > convention. and open to short catchy word. It can also be just #
> >
> > "ipsec auto --up <conn>" #retransmits
> >
> > I added #retransmits to 14 to 10 tests.
>
> What is the issue with using slow retransmits, that is now used in many
> tests?

Sometimes it is expected to die?

It's also possible to force specific behaviour on the first retransmit
(altough with IKEv1<->IKEv2 dead, we may need one lesss):
  timeout-on-retransmit: causes pluto to 'retry' (switch protocol) on
the first retransmit
  delete-on-retransmit: causes pluto to fail on the first retransmit
  suppress-retransmits: causes pluto to never send retransmits (wait
the full timeout)