[Swan-dev] [GSoC 2020] GSoC Aspirant

Paul Wouters paul at nohats.ca
Fri Feb 21 15:21:42 UTC 2020

On Fri, 21 Feb 2020, kritika meena wrote:

> Big Congratulation on being selected at Google Summer of Code 2020 as a organization.
>
> I would like to participate in GSoC 2020 and would love to work on iOS projects.
>
> I am glad you have projects available on iOS:
> https://libreswan.org/wiki/GSoC#iOS_VPN_app_for_libreswan_to_configure_native_IPsec_stack
>
> I have good knowledge of Git version control. I am comfortable with both Swift and Objective-C.
>
> Please get me in touch with mentor who will be mentoring these projects.

The potential mentors are all on this list :)

Since we are not experienced with coding for iOS, you would have to be
experienced enough to handle most of those parts. We can obviously help
on deciding which features of the Apple IPsec stack / API are useful to
support. Ideally, some integration with our webgui project that
currently generates .mobileconfig files for iOS would be useful. It
would be up to you to see about how best to go about that and coming up
with a proposal for that. You can send draft proposals to
gsoc at libreswan.org.

The webgui was another GSoC project: https://libreswan.org/wiki/Libreswan_Managing_Interface