[Swan-dev] commit war over spec file

Tuomo Soini tis at foobar.fi
Thu Feb 13 21:48:54 UTC 2020

On Thu, 13 Feb 2020 14:49:01 -0500 (EST)
Paul Wouters <paul at nohats.ca> wrote:

> I'm not very happy to see a commit/revert fight.
>
> I was already not happy with the libreswan-testing.spec file. I
> believe it serves no purpose, and since it is not actively
> maintained, it will start to differentiate from the real fedora spec
> file. Previously, I left it alone to avoid a fight. But now that the
> fight is hitting git, let us re-evaluate this scenario.

I was quite amazed and frustrated about the reverts. Reverted
commits really fixed two bugs in the file causing it not to work. I'd
want to hear technical reasons for the reverts.

> As things stand now, I still feel this file does not belong in our
> repository.  I left it alone as an unimportant item and not worth
> putting more energy in, but I guess some action is now warranted to
> stop the commit war. I would appreciate an explanation of the docker
> use case so we can support Antony's docket setup as well supporting
> "make rpm" and using stock rpms with namespace based testing for
> fedora/rhel CI/TDD using 1 regular spec file.

I must say I completely agree. We can't have files which other
developers can't touch.

--
Tuomo Soini <tis at foobar.fi>
Foobar Linux services