[Swan-dev] when is ttosubnet(addr/mask:port) valid?

Andrew Cagney andrew.cagney at gmail.com
Thu Dec 31 21:51:05 UTC 2020

One of the quirks of ttosubnet() is that it will parse:

   1.2.3.0/24:10

(I suspect the idea is to allow 1.2.3.4/32:10, i.e., a selector with
one address and one port)?

So when, if ever, is this valid?  I couldn't find it being used in
test cases (at least the pattern /[0-9]*: didn't match).

Looking around I found ttosubnet() is called for:

  {left,right}subnet=... as ttosubnet() and one_subnet_from_string()
  --client <subnet>
    if anything these are selectors and could allow a port; but
perhaps only protoport= is ever used?

 virtual-private= aka virtual_ip.c:read_subnet()
  maybe?

 read_foodgroup() (the policies files)
   perhaps