[Swan-dev] unexpected diagnostic

D. Hugh Redelmeier hugh at mimosa.com
Sat Aug 29 20:58:23 UTC 2020

I've cloned the source tree onto my machine.  I currently have no
ambition to run the code or the tests on the machine.

When I type "make tags", I think that the tag file is built, but I get
these diagnostics.  They seem irrelevant to "make tags".

/home/hugh/libreswan/mk/kvm-targets.mk:931: warning: overriding recipe for target '/home/hugh/pool/nic.xml'
/home/hugh/libreswan/mk/kvm-targets.mk:931: warning: ignoring old recipe for target '/home/hugh/pool/nic.xml'
/home/hugh/libreswan/mk/kvm-targets.mk:956: warning: overriding recipe for target 'uninstall-kvm-domain-nic'
/home/hugh/libreswan/mk/kvm-targets.mk:956: warning: ignoring old recipe for target 'uninstall-kvm-domain-nic'

I also get these (early) in "make base".  I think that these are only
relevant to the test suite and shouldn't appear otherwise.  Only a few
people run the test suite.