[Swan-dev] [ot] getting systemd to set the KVM test domain's hostname

Andrew Cagney andrew.cagney at gmail.com
Wed Aug 5 23:38:28 UTC 2020

On Wed, 5 Aug 2020 at 18:49, Paul Wouters <paul at nohats.ca> wrote:

> On Wed, 5 Aug 2020, Andrew Cagney wrote:
>

> > (somewhat connected to breakage on testing)
> >
> > When a test domain first boots the script swan-transmorify.  This
> > script uses a table to map from the MACAddress of the interfaces to
> > the test domain's hostname.  It then sets the hostname using
> > <<hostname NAME>>.
> > Can anyone think of a way to do this using systemd?
> > (I just pushed changes to configure the interfaces using systemd,
> > setting hostname is next on the list)
>
> Using a oneshot service we install via anaconda ?
>
> https://gist.github.com/tuxfight3r/937be13b08395101d7201883d7410a0d

it is a starting point, however the disk image (or clones) are:
- created using kick-start
- booted as base to install packages
- booted as build to build libvirt
- booted as east, ..., to test
so a simple oneshot would have happened long ago

the .network files - all of which are installed - now look like this:
https://github.com/libreswan/libreswan/commit/c89711225f3a1c4384d6df8d17b2508997e26a0e
so the network is figured out using systemd