[Swan-dev] IKEv2 revival
andrew.cagney at gmail.com
Mon Apr 27 16:06:57 UTC 2020
I just pushed code to implement liveness probes using the retransmit
timer. When retransmits time-out:
- if the IKE SA hasn't established, it does a 'retry' using
- else, presumably the IKE SA is established, and it calls
liveness_action(); I suspect this doesn't handle multiple children, and
know it won't handle an IKE exchange timing out
(there's also add_revival(), but I'm not sure if that applies here? And
there's pending ...)
So my question is what should happen?
- are the established and not established paths really that different (for
instance an established IKE SA may have an incomplete CHILD SA)
- do established CHILD SAs linger so that the IPsec connection is 'up'
(even though evidence suggests it is dead)
- and I have to wonder what the difference between replace and pending is
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Swan-dev