[Swan-dev] pointlessly building the KLIPS kernel module on the KVMs

Andrew Cagney andrew.cagney at gmail.com
Tue Sep 3 18:18:17 UTC 2019

Paul wrote (but it got bounced):

On Fri, 16 Aug 2019, Andrew Cagney wrote:

> Given the code is isolated and (hopeful) treated read-only - itt
> should still build on old systems.  However, I struggle to see a
> reason for building it for Fedora 30, and would again like to disable
> it.

I'm okay with that.

> (this shouldn't be confused with the klips userland code which can
> continue to build).

For now that's good. Once we release 3.30, provided it has KLIPS and
XFRMi support (KLIPS for linux < 4.x) then in 3.31 we will completely
remove KLIPS. That gives us one release that supports both, that people
can use for testing/migration.

Paul

Perhaps we should create a klips git repo (cloned from libreswan then pared
down to just the klips kernel module), perhaps.

I've pushed the below

commit 2bad6cc6ee877a5cc8d4691a3bb1985f6ba1f42e (HEAD -> master)